Saturday, September 3, 2011

Children’s Discovery Center

On Monday, August 22nd, we went to the Louisiana Children’s Discovery Center in Hammond.  I totally forgot about this fieldtrip until Amy called me at 8:47 that morning to see if I was on my way.  We were supposed to meet the group at 8:30 in Denham Springs.  When she called, I had just gotten up and was still in my pajamas.  Luckily Craig was still home so he helped get the little boys dressed while I got myself & the girls dressed.  Luke & Cameron quickly got dressed, got pop-tarts for everybody and buckled everybody in the van.  We were out of the house in 17 minutes and made it to the Discovery Center in Hammond before the fieldtrip rotations started at 10:00. 


Miriam & Micah milking a cow, driving a fishing boat, and playing cashier
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
The construction area was a favorite
PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Cameron’s puppet show
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Luke & Cameron racing cars & Micah dressing up in the theater section
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The bubble area is always one of the favorite areas!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Luke and Cameron trying their hand at operation & posing in a tree with Wizard of Oz puppets
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Luke’s signature in the chalk pond
Photobucket
Playing hide & seek with Cole in the preschool area
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

Looks like it was a great time! I almost decided to come at the last minute but didn't. Wish I would have!

Miss you!