Greetings family and friends! Here is our annual end-of-the-year rundown.
Craig “Daddy” (41) – He continues to sing with the Parkview Praise Team and Choir and lead WAK (Worship Arts for Kids - Children’s Choir). He got in some more tennis “lessons” with the kids, coached Luke in basketball, Levi in baseball, and Luke & Cameron in flag football. He enjoyed taking the older kids to many sporting events, and taking the girls to the annual Father-Daughter Sweetheart dance. He and PawPaw Rick again played softball for Parkview. Craig also continues his Instrument and Control Systems Engineering work at Jacobs Engineering, where he worked on 3 new projects this year.
Candi “Mommy” (38) – She is busy homeschooling the kids and continues to blog about homeschool and family activities. She also teaches Bible drill at church and assists Craig with WAK. She assists her friend Amy with fieldtrips in their homeschool group Bayou Cajun Homeschoolers. She is expecting our 8th child due in January 2014.
This year we would like to express how blessed we are to have so many beautiful and educational places in the gulf coast for our kids and a large homeschool group to tour for fieldtrips, all of them very reasonably priced or free of charge. Thank you to Amy Shelby for putting everything together for us and all these wonderful families. These were the 2013 fieldtrips:
- Jan - West Baton Rouge Museum
- Feb - Highland Road BREC Park Astronomical Observatory
- Mar - Bluebonnet Swamp
- Apr - Landry-Poche Strawberry Farm, DPW Traffic Engineering, Crawfish Farm (4 families)
- May - Louisiana Regional Airport
- Jun - Baton Rouge Police K-9 Division & Motorcycle Division
- Jul - Barn Hill Preserve, Houston Museum of Natural Science (our family & extended family)
- Aug - Livingston Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO)
- Sep - NASA Infinity Science Center & Stennis Space Center
- Oct - Port Hudson Living History Day, Baton Rouge Symphony Discovery Concert
- Nov - Bayou Cajun Homeschoolers 6th Annual Thanksgiving Celebration
- Dec - Audubon State Historic Site Colonial Christmas
Finally, we mourn the loss and celebrate the life of Candi’s Uncle Brian, but we know he is in God’s permanent presence.
We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year, and please do not forget the reason for it in all the busyness. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” Colossians 3:17