Monday, October 6, 2008

Date Night

About a month ago, Craig told me he was going to take me on a "surprise" date night on October 4th. This past week the only hint that he gave me was "Cinderella". I knew we would be gone from around 4:30 pm - 1:00 am. My first guess was a Steven Curtis Chapman concert since he sings the Cinderella song. I finally cheated on Friday and went to the Ticketmaster website and looked to see what events were going on in Louisiana. I saw that Brad Paisley was playing in Lafayette. He's one of our favorite country singers. For those who want to know how this relates to Cinderlla...Chuck Wicks was touring with him and he sings the song "Stealing Cinderella". As a bonus, Jewel was also touring with him.
Before the concert, we went to the Blue Dog Cafe and ate a great meal: seafood wontons for appetizer and we split the crab dinner. We didn't know how we were going to eat it all but we managed to eat it all except for the corn maque choux.
Here's a picture of us at the restaurant:



We missed most of Chuck Wicks...we heard his 2 last songs. So we missed "Stealing Cinderella" which would have made me cry anyway.
Jewel rocked and of course she sang her older songs: Foolish Games, You Were Meant for Me, and Who Will Save Your Soul. She also sang the song "I Do" that she wrote for her husband, Ty Murray, a rodeo cowboy.

Jewel's Foolish Games:

Between the sets


Brad sang most of our favorite songs



Here's a list of our favorite Brad Paisley songs:

Letter to Me - He writes a letter to himself at 17 and my favorite line is "You've got so much up ahead...You'll make new friends...You should see your kids and wife...And I'd end by saying have no fear...These are nowhere near the best years of your life"

The quality is not that good because it was so loud - but here's my favorite line to that song

Little Moments - this is the only one that he didn't sing

She's Everything - Craig's favorite line is "stealer of the covers"

Waitin' on a Woman - which we change to Waitin on a Daddy - b/c Craig is the one we're always waitin' on

When I Get Where I'm Going - best line is "But when I get where I'm going, and I see my Maker's face. I'll stand forever in the light, of His amazing grace."

Our favorite "funny" ones:

I'm Gonna Miss Her

I'm Still a Guy - this isn't the actual video


Thanks Craig for a great evening and for Mom (AKA ZeeZee) for having a "slumber party" with the kids so we could go out.

No comments: