Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mardi Gras Pasta

I posted this recipe last year at Mardi Gras time.  I made it again last night to celebrate Craig’s birthday and remembered to take a picture this time.  I even made a Mardi Gras themed salad (green, purple & yellow) and Sara made him cupcakes.
4x6-0210 7234x6-0210 728 

Ingredients

12 oz fettuccine (I used penne instead because Craig doesn't like long noodles and it's also easier for the kids)

1 - 1.5 lbs combination of raw shrimp, cooked crawfish & crabmeat (I used frozen shrimp & crawfish)

1 tbsp Cajun seasoning (Tony's)

4 tbsp butter

1/3 cup onion, finely chopped

1/2 tsp garlic powder or 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic

8 oz half & half

8 oz heavy cream

1/2 tbsp dried basil

3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
  1. Cook & drain pasta according to package directions.
  2. Combine shrimp, crawfish, crab meat and Cajun seasoning in a large bowl. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add seafood mixture, onions and garlic. Cook about 4-5 minutes or until shrimp is light pink.
  3. Reduce heat, add half & half, heavy cream, basil and Parmesan cheese. Cook and stir until heated through and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. (Mine didn't really thicken until it cooled but maybe because I made a double batch.)
  4. Pour over pasta and serve immediately.

Now you can see why it's called Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday) pasta - heavy cream, half & half, butter, and cheese! But it was sooo good!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks! It does sound delicious:)

Amy said...

Ok, I just got freaked out because
I came here to leave a comment and I ready popped up. Took me a second to realize it was from last year!!!

So I was going to say, "I want some!!!"