Friday, February 11, 2011

Fun Friday–Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles

I was hoping this stack of Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles was enough to feed my hungry bunch this morning. Thankfully, it was!
Photobucket
I upped the banana based on some of the reviews. I didn't have mini chocolate chips so I just used regular. It was almost too sweet when served with syrup.
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups low-fat milk
  • 1 1/2 medium banana, mashed
  • 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip
  1. Place dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and stir until mixed well. Add remaining ingredients and combine until well blended and smooth.
  2. Let batter sit 5 minutes before using.
  3. Preheat waffle iron.
  4. Use 1/2 cup batter per waffle and cook until done (approx. 2 minutes).
  5. Serve immediately.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally need to make those!

Lisa said...

Wow, those waffles look amazing. They really look nice and crunchy on the outside and sound so flavorful. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your waffles up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

Susan Seaman said...

I love that tall stack!

Toni said...

oh..my......
i'm so over here drooling...i MUST make these asap! mmm