- Smash 2 sticks of softened butter with a fork.
- Add 1 cup of sugar to the butter.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon depending on your tastes.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of good vanilla (Mexican).
- Stir it all together until it is creamy.
- Spread a good tablespoon of the mixture onto each piece of bread.
- Put on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes .
- After the 10 minutes, turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes. Watch carefully b/c you don't want to burn it.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I knew I was going to make cinnamon toast for breakfast this morning. So as I was drinking my coffee, I googled cinnamon toast just looking for some pointers on the oven temp. It's been a while since I had made cinnamon toast. I came across Pioneer Woman's blog post about cinnamon toast and I decided to try her version. It looked and sounded yummy. I made 2 pieces for each person, but the kids asked for more. Next time, I'll have to make more. Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast