Monday, January 31, 2011

Father/Daughter Sweetheart Dance 2011

Last night Daddy took Miriam to the Father/Daughter Sweetheart Dance put on by Baton Rouge General Foundation. She had been looking forward to the dance since last year. She always asked when she was going to be able to go again.  I tried to get a picture of them before they left but it didn’t turn out too good which is why it’s in black & white.  I would have prefered to take it outside but it was raining.  She was the last one they took in the balloon line and she had to wear a sign on her back.  The person making the balloons said she could have something special since she wore the sign.  All she wanted was the corsage like she got last year.  The person pulled out a list of things she could pick and she picked Arial, the mermaid.  The teddy bear was one of the door prizes.  It was actually one by one of our former children’s choir kids, Whitney who is now 21.  Craig saw her and was talking to her about the door prize and about how excited Miriam was that they were giving away stuffed animals.  She went to her table and brought the teddy bear back to Miriam.  It sounds like they had a great time and hopefully Micah will be able to go with them next year.Photobucket

4 comments:

Kristal said...

I want to organize a dance like this at our church. I have such fond memories of going to ones with my Dad

Denise said...

Sooooo cuteeee!!!! And thanks for the reminder that my photo was not a sick but cabinets...I need someone to keep me on my toes...LOL

Sara said...

that's an awesome arial balloon!

The Adventures of a Simple Life said...

These are memories that will last in her heart!!! I am sure Craig is winning her heart!