Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Lunch

Since Laura & Eric were in town, Craig got them to watch the kids while we went out for a Valentine's lunch. Craig wanted to try this new place in Perkins Rowe called Texas de Brazil which is "an authentic churrascaria (steak house) that combines the cuisine of southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas...deliciously seasoned grilled meats are served tableside by a troop of roaming gaucho-clad carvers from large sword-like skewers, accompanied by traditional Brazilian side dishes and an extravagant 40 item salad bar area fit for a king."


Go to their website below to find out more information...it was a really neat experience


An example of what the gauchos carry around the restaurant


We had reservations, but when we first got there we received a pager anyway. It was funny because these are the same pagers that we have at church and we got #2 which is the same number assigned to us at church.


Craig got this cut of beef and it looked like a heart...especially because it's medium rare

We were really full when we left...


My favorite was the bacon wrapped filet...I had 4 servings which probably only equaled about 8 ounces of steak...but then I also had lots of samplings from the salad bar. I ate the sweet fried bananas as the dessert...you were supposed to eat this to cleanse your palette.

FYI...the pictures aren't that great because they were taken with my iPhone...but I didn't want to carry my DSLR with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to show Jason this post. He just told me last night about this place. Looks like the food was yummy and sounds like it was too!!! Glad y'all had a great day today!!