Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weigh-in Wednesday - #5



Food
I did pretty good during the week, but the weekend is when I blew it. My friend Amy was moving and I was watching her 7 kids plus my 5. She brought donuts and kolaches for breakfast, and my mom brought pizza & king cake for lunch. Sunday wasn't much better because we still had the leftover king cake (which is one of my faves) and we had a little family super bowl party.

Water
My water was better except for the weekend. I came up with this idea to help me. I had some bottled water in my pantry so I labeled 4 bottles 1, 2, 3, 4. Therefore if I drink all 4 bottles I know I drank atleast 60 ounces of water during that day.

Exercise
I took my kids to the zoo which means walking and pushing a double stroller. Then after the zoo, we met my husband at the Y to hit tennis balls. Also on Monday, I did some Wii boxing. I plan to do some workout with weights today.

Challenges
Sweets - I always give in to them.

Successes
Some exercise & more water

Plans for the next week
more exercise, better food choices and portions

Weigh-in
172 - down 2 lbs from last week, but back to where I was 2 weeks ago

Are you trying to lose weight, change some dietary habits, or just eat healthier? Weigh-in with the details of your week at Happy to be @ Home.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Well, good for you I went up a lb! ggrrr not a great week!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work! I struggle with sweets, too, and it frustrates me when people bring them over even though I know they're just trying to be nice. Have you told your friend and mom that you're trying to lose weight? Maybe next time they could bring a healthier snack or just not as much so there's only enough for the kids? Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Good job! And don't worry about "blowing it" if you had donuts or kolaches. It's all in the AMOUNT you eat. Same thing with sweets. I bought a bag of dark chocolate last week, and instead of eating the whole thing at one sitting, I spread it out over a few days.

So go ahead and grab some sweets! Just don't eat a dozen cookies or the whole cake at one time :)