Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Basket Weaving

Today we talked about how the Romans used baskets in their everyday life. One of the activities suggested was to weave a basket using some cardboard and newspaper. Here's our attempt at it. The activity suggested making it a trash basket, but I added a handle to it so the kids could play with it. Miriam used it to put her baby in.

Details of the weave
When I was trying to find an alternative to the above craft,
I found this link to make the basket below.

I decided it was too hard for the kids to make,
but at least I could show them another woven basket.

Why do people joke about "basket weaving" being an easy class to take?
I found it very difficult!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I looked at this project today and thought maybe we would attempt it since you were but after reading the instructions I said, "Nope!"

Your basket looks great!

Tracy said...

Wow, great job! I love the one with the handle!

Anonymous said...

That is cool! What curriculum are you using?

Jenn said...

Wow. It came out great!

Laura said...

Underwater Basketweaving?