Sunday, January 25, 2009

Visiting MawMaw

While we were in Houston, we took some time to visit my MawMaw who lives in a nursing home there. We haven't seen her in over a year. She has alzheimers so she didn't know who we were. It was funny because she kept telling Craig "you don't know who I am, do you?"

So when we visit her, it's not really her...it's just her physical body. It's kinda sad that she doesn't know her own children...she doesn't have any pictures in her room, because she can't grasp the concept of them.
She really liked Levi...she kept talking about how cute he was. She did say that he looked like her baby Ricky (my dad).

For the first years of my life, I was at her house all the time. I wanted everything PawPaw's kind (I guess Miriam will be the same way since she's PawPaw's girl) We grew up right down the street from her. We used to ride our bikes to her house. She taught me to drive when I was like 10...you can do that when you live out on Hoo Shoo Too! We really miss her.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

How sweet...my Grandma is in a nursing home...we visit often and she still knows us (most of the time)...it's hard to see her that way, when she was such a godly...life filled woman. Good for the kids to spend time with her even if she doesn't know you!